Thursday, 10 October 2013

Freelance subtitling translator? What's that?

Salam n hye everyone~!!

Thanks so much to those who wished me on my previous post. Yeah, the minion plushie is the new trend for convocation bouquets this year. I guess this has a lot to do with how great the Despicable Me 2 movie was accepted worldwide, hihi~... ^_^

Remember that I told you I got a job as a freelance translator? (click here) Well, let me tell you actually what the job scopes are.


Since I'm recruited as a freelancer, I basically work from home. No need to rush & go through traffic in the mornings, hehe... My boss has asked me to download certain files & software that are needed for the work.

What I do? I translate English subtitles into Malay, usually for American & British shows. My boss will send a new assignment via email and using the software I have downloaded, I will translate the subtitles & put them into the video of the show I'm doing.

Since this is freelance, it's not a permanent job. I get paid for every episode I translate. Just like a normal translator who gets paid for every page translated.

Therefore, although this jobs suits me well and I very much enjoy the privilege of watching the shows before they are aired on TV, it's tiring and requires a lot of attention, focus, skill & time. For 1 episode, I'm only able to finish it in 2-3 days. (but I take a lot of breaks in between, hehe.. :P)

So...I'm still job-hunting for a permanent job. I'd really wish to get something like this, I mean something that has to do wif translation or language, yet...you can't be too picky when it comes to jobs, right? Owh well... Actually my mom prefers me to do a Master's degree & become a lecturer like her, but I insisted on getting work experience first, ngehehe... X3

Thanks for reading & happy blogging~!! ^_^

11 comments:

nanakimie said...

aah,ada jugak jumpa patung minions kat booth konvo ritu,tapi nengok yang ada bear2 semua 100+++...hihi....nana xkeja lagi,so bagi yang mampu je untuk si dia:) wah,menarikla keja nisa ni,untung pandai translate2:)

Nisa Greennnpanda said...

@nana: hehe... tau xpe.. mmg mahal2 pun.. parents sy yg blikn, so xpe la, muehehe... XD

Cik Mun said...

hehehe..all the best utk cari permanent job ye :)

Yumida Huda said...

wah beznye keje nisa
translate bahasa movie
sure tgn cepat menaip nih
cousin yumida ambik master, yumida rs malas dh nk study lg..hikhik

are_lin@yu said...

freelance job mmg ok kn..xkna masuk ofis bgai..hehe

Asiah Najihah said...

wah.. bestnye keje akak.. mesti akak terer english kan.. hehe

Cutella said...

You got an awesome job...^_^

Nisa Greennnpanda said...

@cik mun: thanks a lot dear... :3

@sis Yumida: best gak keje nie..hehe... owh...sy pun malas gak nk smbung master wat mase nie.. nk experience keje dlu.. :P

@ayu: muehehehe XD tue yg sy suke tue.

@asiah: akak xde la terer gile english, biase2 je... >_<

@cutella: thanks dear~!!

Careen said...

Hi dear, if you don't mind me asking, may I know how much is your pay? It seems like a good job.

muhammad said...

Salam..nak tnya mcm mane nk apply job sbgai translator?

Nisa Greennnpanda said...

@Careen: Hye, do email me at greennnpanda88@gmail.com if you would like to know more. :)

@muhammad: Wassalam. Boleh email kat sy: greennnpanda88@gmail.com x? Awk nak apply sebagai translator ape? Subtitling translator ke?

 
Template Designed by Farahin | © All Rights Reserved.