Sunday 20 September 2015

Bon Odori 2015 Festival @ Shah Alam~!!

Salam & hye everyone~!!

Ever known what a Bon Odori festival is? Bon odori is actually a Japanese dance festival, which is usually celebrated on the 15th day of the seventh month of the lunar calendar. In Malaysia, bon odori is held annually in Penang & Shah Alam, Selangor.

Recently, on 5th September 2015, the 39th Bon Odori Festival was held as usual at the Panasonic Sports Complex in Shah Alam. Andddd.... even though I live in Shah Alam, this was the first time I had the opportunity to go to the event! (╯✧∇✧)╯





People attending bon usually wear yukata (casual kimono) and geta. I bought my very first own yukata from a yukata shop in Damansara Damai. They also have a Facebook page, Cosplay and Yukata Shop


The yukata shop in Damansara Damai

All the yukatas on the shelves

The pink yukata that I bought for RM85

And since I'm a bit low in my financial budget, I decided to make my own obi (the belt worn around the yukata) and kinchaku bag (Japanese bag worn together with the yukata or kimono), besides a matching bow brooch for my hijab.


Obi, bow brooch and kinchaku bag

Me in a yukata



I went there with a friend of mine, who is also a Japan culture fan like myself, hihi.. Although it rained a bit for some time, the event still attracted hordes of people. Here are some pics taken at bon odori:

People performing several dance routines on the stage
(btw, the ones wearing the blue yukata & yellow yukata (with pink hijab) are the owners of the yukata shop I mentioned earlier)

The Kintako girl making takoyaki


Me trying to sit down by adjusting my yukata

Yummy takoyaki!!! (ノ^∇^)ノ゚

The crowd


For next year's bon, I'm planning on sewing my own yukata, if I can find the pattern, muehehehe... and maybe buy a pair of geta too! If you want to buy a yukata or kimono via online, why not try checking out Oh, Japan! or Tokyo Purple.

Did you attend Bon Odori 2015?  :3

Thanks for reading & happy blogging~!!

6 comments:

  1. uuu.. never know bout this bon odori. thanks for sharing! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ajim AM: awww...that's OK.. You can attend the event next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bestnyaa.. Tahu festival ni tapi tak pernah pergi.. Kenapa la semuanya jauh2.. Kalau dekat dah lama pergi.. I love japan hikhikhik

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ina Ainaa: Owh.. duduk jauh ke? Takpe, kalo berkesempatan datang ke Shah Alam waktu festival nie, join la Bon Odori ^_^

    @Khairul Hilmi Sidek: Really? Well, now you know, hihi...

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so cute in yukata! nak pergi!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop any comments~.. O(≧▽≦)O
Arigatou gozaimasu ありがとうございます~..

 
Template Designed by Farahin | © All Rights Reserved.