Last Friday, Ummi (my mom) bought a lolly block maker. She had always wanted it, hehe.. It's very convenient as you can make your own ice lollies or popsicles. So today I'm gonna share a delicious recipe, do try.
This recipe is from a Donna Hay mag, but I improvised a lot of it, since there were limited ingredients. I made these lollies last night, they taste great! ^_^
Basic sugar syrup
* ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
* ¾ cup (180ml) water
-- Place the sugar & water in a small saucepan over a low heat & stir until the sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat to high & bring to boil for 1 min. Set aside to cool completely. Makes 1 cup (250ml).
Peach Lychee Ice Lollies
* 1 quantity basic sugar syrup (see recipe, above)
* 1 tin lychee
* 1/3 tin peaches
* some water
1. Pour the sugar syrup into a large jug. Put together some water & the lychee syrup (from the tin) into the jug as well. Stir them all together until it tastes sweet.
2. Chop the peaches & lychees into small pieces.
3. Pour the syrup mixture into the lolly block maker.
4. Next, put in the chopped peaches & lychees into the moulds.
5. Insert the lolly stick & freeze the lollies for 5 hours or until completely frozen. Makes 8 delicious lollies.
** Note: the syrup mixture has to be extra sweet.
Thanks for reading & happy blogging~!!